The other day, when I mentioned I was wearing my Lacy cropped cardigan in Bridget’s questionaire, I realised that I’d never debuted it here, nor put photos up on its Ravelry page. So here it is:
I made this last April / May using Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran that I got from my knitting buddy, Caroline, in an exchange in December ’08. The gauge I got with the substitute yarn was completely different from the gauge needed but I was able to re-calibrate the pattern to suit. I was very pleased with myself about that. However, I found the ribbing around the overall garment much more of a challenge in that I found it hard to keep track of whether I was to work into the turning chain at the end of a row. Consequently, my stitch count varies a little from row to row but I fudged and fumbled my way through to the end.
I’m getting loads of wear out of this and I’m pleased to be able to report that the yarn is holding up well – no pilling in 9 months!
So the award / questionaire that Bridget tagged me for is “Over the Top” and the six blogs that I would like to pass this honour onto are as follows:
She Knit Up That Ball: for her erudition and enthusiasm
Knit Inc: for her sense of humour in the face of adversity
Playing with Fi(b)re: for patience in the line of flailing spindles
Aran Brew: she drives me to drink! and spin…
Thread Bear: very brilliant designer of crochet and really fun person to meet in real-life too
Wyvernfriend: an amazing volume of knitting and book reviews
And for completeness, the questionaire I filled out again:
1. Where is your cell phone? Generally in it’s new purple pouch and in my back-left bum pocket. DH & I often play the “can you ring my phone so I can find it” game.
2, Your hair? Curly & un-dyed. Still waiting for some grey hairs to show up and help me look my age!
3. Your mother? A golf- and bridge- obsessed super-woman
4. Your father? Looking out for me from Heaven and giving God some advice.
5. Your favourite food? Anything I can cook from scratch in less than 20mins that my kids will eat – I have a few recipes.
6. Your dream last night? Don’t remember.
7. Your favourite drink? Sparkling water, closely followed by wine (I’m talking quantity, not a time-line).
8. Your dream/goal? to retire early and enjoy it
9. What room are you in? I’m in the Study;… with the dagger and Col. Mustard…
10. Your hobby? Knitting and crochet. I plan to get back into sailing this year.
11. Your fear? I can’t bring myself to write it down but it’s related to DH’s father dying only aged 54 & genes etc.
12. Where do you want to be in six years? Still above ground. (stole this answer from Bridgit!)
13. Where were you last night? At home w/ DH & family
14. Something that you aren’t? Afraid of what others think of me.
15. Muffins? Poppy-seed Lemon
16. Wish list item? Set of Interchangeable Tunisian Crochet hooks
17. Where did you grow up? Won’t give exactly location, since Ireland is such a small pool of people but here’s a clue: “it’s a long, long way to…” this place!
18. Last thing you did? Tried to watch a Horizon documentary about Freak Waves
19. What are you wearing? My crocheted cropped-cardigan (haven’t debuted it here or put it up on Rav!)
20. Your TV? Mostly documentaries about ancient history; Antiques Roadshow and Mythbusters also popular.
21. Your pets? 3 dogs
22. Friends? A hand-full of close soul-mates that I trust.
23. Your life? Busy, knitting keeps me sane and relaxed.
24. Your mood? Bemused
25. Missing someone? Lemme check… nope all here, phew!
26, Vehicle? A Mammy-bus
27. Something you’re not wearing? Shoes.
28. Your favourite store? IKEA – it only opened in Ireland last July & the novelty hasn’t worn off yet!
29. Your favourite colour? purple
30. When was the last time you laughed? earlier today, reading posts on Ravelry!
31. Last time you cried? About a month ago: work was really getting me down.
32. Your best friend? My husband.
33. One place that I go to over and over? My home!
34. One person who emails me regularly? Knitting Daily!
35. Favourite place to eat? Wagamama or Yo Sushi in Dublin City Centre