E’en tho’ the yarn yet lies beside me as I write and is not sent yonder to deserving arms…Translation: Despite not yet sending off Karen’s parcel in the post…
E’en still I plot and ponder how I may reliquish more unto those who yearn.…the time has come to reveal my aforementioned devious and cunning plan for destashing:
Easter Sunday Treasure Hunt for Egg-heads
My plan is to set up a little treasure-hunt around my blog. In the spirit of all the best egg-hunts, I will launch it for Easter Sunday. It will work like this (please leave a comment here if this is not making any sense):
- In my blog-post on Saturday, 3rd of April, I will reveal the first “clue”.
- The clue will be a question and the answer can be found in another post on this blog.
- If you find the correct blog-post take a note of the answer and then look in the comments for the next clue / question.
- Follow the clues as far as you can; taking note of each answer as you go.
- There will be five clues / questions plus a tie-breaker question, which will also be revealed on Saturday 3rd April.
- Send me a message on Ravelry with your answers – including the tie-breaker question – by 12 noon GMT on Monday 5th April.
- There will be a five prizes.
- Getting a question correct represents passing a stage in the treasure-hunt.
- There will be a prize for each stage.
- There will only be one winner for each stage.
- If more that one person qualifies at any stage the tie-breaker question will determine who wins.
- The winners will be announced on Monday 5th April.
Stage 1: 1 x 100g skein each of Donegal Chunky Tweed by Debbie Bliss in Red and Blue [Super Bulky (5-6 wpi), 218yds in total]
Stage 2: 2 x 100g skeins of 100% Bamboo by South West Trading Company in colour “134” [DK / 8 ply (11 wpi), 500yds]
Stage 3: 3 x 100g skeins of Rowan Colourscape Chunky by Kaffe Fassett in “Sh 432” [Bulky / 12 ply (7 wpi), 525yds]
Stage 4: 4 x 100g skeins of Homespun Multi by Craftspun Yarns in Colour “001” [Bulky / 12 ply (7 wpi), 415yds approx] and 1 x 100g skein of Wool clásica by Manos del Uruguay in “8891” [Aran / 10 ply (8 wpi), 138 yds]
Stage 5: 3 x 50g skeins of Shibui Sock by ShibuiKnits in “Pebble” [Fingering / 4 ply (14 wpi), 573yds] and 1 x 50g skein of Gems Superfine / Fingering weight by Louet in “Carribean Blue” [Fingering / 4 ply (14 wpi), 185yds]