Thanks to all of you who entered my Blog Treasure Hunt. The feedback I’m getting is that you all enjoyed it. Some got a little stuck but most of you muddled on through to the end. Fair Play for giving it a go and for having fun in the process. Without further ado, here are the answers and… later on… the winners:
- Question 1: I named my blog after a phrase I associate with whom?
- Led you to blog-post: In the Beginning
- Answer: my mother
- Question 2: Name one of the paramedics who saved my life.
- Led you to blog-post: Humbled
- Answer: Gerry O’ Sullivan or John Devereux
- Question 3: Name the Great-Great-Great-Great-Grandmother of the “POTUS”
- Led you to blog-post: Vote for the Irishman
- Answer: Phoebe Donovan
- Question 4: Other than knitting, what links “raglan”, “cardigan”, “kitchener” and “balaclava”?
- Led you to blog-post: More U.S.A. Today
- Answer: The Crimean War (I gave a half-point to those who said the Military / Military History)
- Question 5: How many kilometers of yarn did I use for my first attempt at Glenvar?
- Led you to blog-post: The Behemoth
- The tie-breaker question: How many views will I get on Easter Sunday according to my blog-stats page
- Answer: 15 (this really surprised me since I got a whopping 357 the day before!!!)
1 x 100g skein each of Donegal Chunky Tweed by Debbie Bliss in Red and Blue [Super Bulky (5-6 wpi), 218yds in total] goes to Laura (3 p0ints – Laura got all the way to the end but I only got three answers?!?! Sorry if some answers didn’t get to me, Laura)
2 x 100g skeins of 100% Bamboo by South West Trading Company in colour “134″ [DK / 8 ply (11 wpi), 500yds] goes to Averil (3.5 points)
3 x 100g skeins of Rowan Colourscape Chunky by Kaffe Fassett in “Sh 432″ [Bulky / 12 ply (7 wpi), 525yds] goes to Sinead (4 points)
4 x 100g skeins of Homespun Multi by Craftspun Yarns in Colour “001″ [Bulky / 12 ply (7 wpi), 415yds approx] and 1 x 100g skein of Wool clásica by Manos del Uruguay in “8891″ [Aran / 10 ply (8 wpi), 138 yds] goes to Mazzledazzle (4.5 points, tie-breaker guess = 54)
3 x 50g skeins of Shibui Sock by ShibuiKnits in “Pebble” [Fingering / 4 ply (14 wpi), 573yds] and 1 x 50g skein of Gems Superfine / Fingering weight by Louet in “Carribean Blue” [Fingering / 4 ply (14 wpi), 185yds] goes to Clarabel (4.5 points, tie-breaker guess = 24)
Thanks again, everyone for taking part and getting into the spirit of it all. I’ll definately do this again sometime.