I had four to chose from:
From the top:
- Misti Alpaca Hand Paint Sock Yarn in colourway 15
- Dream In Color Smooshy in a petrol-y purple
- Hedgehog Fibers Merino / Cashmere in green, which I inherited from Clarabel
- Malabrigo Sock in Rayon Vert
and I said I’d give a prize to whoever came up with the most convincing argument for which one I should use.
I got four replies (from Deirdre, Mairead, Laura and Sinead) who – though not conclusive – gave me plenty to mull over.
- Like Deirdre, I’ve a pro-purple tendency so we were down to three pretty quickly;
- Plus, I love a good word play, which made me pre-disposed to Mairead’s choice of Rayon Vert;
- But I shared Laura’s concern that the Rayon Vert would have to much contrast in the variagation for the lacework.
- I was very taken by Sinead argument as she extolled the virtues of knitting with Dream in Color Smooshy, which also got a vote from Deirdre.
Contrary person that I am, however, it was Sinead’s argument for Dream in Color Smooshy that finally convinced me to go with the Misti Alpaca. I know… I’m ornery! You see, I’ve realised recently that I can’t wear alpaca close to my skin – it makes me itch. So my logic was that I should keep the awesome Dream in Color Smooshy for a nice pair of socks for me (shoot me if I forget this in the future and start to make it into socks for DH; ‘mkay?).
So here it is: the finished (and finally blocked) Annis in Misti Alpaca Handpainted yarn:
I really enjoyed knitting this and – now that it’s been blocked – I’m thrilled with the finished object.
And now for the prize. All of the arguments were convincing and had their own merit. I really appreciate the time and trouble people took to offer me their opinions. (Even if I completely ignore it and go off an do my own thing anyway!) After some delibertion I’ve decided to pick a name at random and the winner is: